How To Apply
Instructions for Applying for Assistance
Financial Assistance is provided ONLY for the following types of care:
- Urgent Care (diagnostic testing, broken leg, etc.)
- Emergency Care (life-threatening injuries or illnesses)
You, the pet owner, must meet eligibility criteria:
- Low-income household; or
- Elderly pet owner; or
- Disabled pet owner; or
- Veteran pet owner
Before You Start
You will need to have the following items available to help you complete the financial portion of the application. We advise that you gather this information together before you begin your application.
- Proof of Income — This can be a copy of a check stub, unemployment benefits, disability benefits, etc. The proof of income must be recent, and we cannot use tax forms for this purpose.
- A copy of a written cost estimate for the needed procedures and/or treatment from your veterinarian.
- The name, address, and medical license number for your treating veterinarian.
Please note — no contributions are EVER given directly to individuals. Helping Hands ONLY sends funding directly to the treating veterinarians once your application is approved and treatment is provided. Funding resources are limited, and Helping Hands makes every effort to use limited funds in the most responsible way.
** Helping Hands Animal Assistance does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, or race. Helping Hands reserves the right to deny funding to anyone for any reason. Please read the complete application agreement for details of the application process. **
Please fill out all fields and enter 'N/A' or 'not applicable' for non-applicable items.